shannonland

shannonland

Giving Up the Ghost (A 13 Shades of Red Novel) - S.A. Price,  Stella Price I was given a copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review

I don't even know where to start with this book. First of all, let me say, I did not take into account the numerous grammatical errors while considering my rating. Although I have to admit, not knowing the difference between your and you're is a huge pet peeve of mine and I cringed at the many times I saw the misuse of your.

First of all, the whole paranormal aspect of the book just DID NOT WORK. I didn't hate the characters so the story may have worked better without it or if the author really felt it necessary to keep it, it would need to be reworked. The way it was introduced to Saffron that Rhys could see the dead and the way she just accepted it like learning Rhys was dyslexic or something was totally unbelievable. This is just a start as to what was wrong with whole that story line.

Here's another thing that really put me off....Dante was the only British character and a good portion of jargon used was English and not American. Also, the terminology used by saying 'gods' instead of 'God' was utterly ridiculous. I get what author was trying to get at by using it that way but it just looked stupid. Nobody says "gods", so oh my God it sounded really out of place.

I really appreciated the opportunity to read this book and based on the synopsis and cover, I had high hopes but it just didn't deliver for me.