shannonland

shannonland

Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1) - Dani Alexander This book shattered the notion I need a heroine in a romance novel for it be 5 stars. I fell in love with these characters as they fell in love with each other.

Meet the narrator Detective Austin Glass:
Austin Glass Dave Franco photo dave-franco-lightbox-02_zpsed1bb4cb.jpg

He's straight, engaged to be married and a self professed screw up at all things relational and he's a narcissist. He's also hilarious and I loved him immediately. Austin was not one of those characters I had to warm up to...My infacuation with him was instantaneous and I fell in love. Did I also mention (just like me) he has 'Superpowers of Awesomeness'?

Meet Austin's new obsession Peter:
Peter photo wynston-alex-evans-04_zps6c6a4225.jpg

He's a bus boy/hustler/prostitute with a heart of gold. Peter was very guarded so it took a little longer for me to warm up to him but I ended up falling in love with him too.

Austin's first reaction to Peter: This is a bad time to ogle teenagers. Is there ever a good time to ogle teenage boys? I think you can see why I loved him immediately!

Peter's reaction to Austin's affections: "Everyone is your competition."...."It goes normal human beings, crazies, republicans, my hand, imaginary characters, corpses and then, in a moment of lustful psychosis, you."

Clearly this is a perfect match! I can't even begin to describe what a wonderfully written, heartfelt at times and nerve wrecking at others, story this is. I loved it! If you think you could never enjoy a M/M, you should give this one a shot. I think you'll be surprised.