shannonland

shannonland

Thoughtless  - S.C. Stephens  photo death_spoiler_demotivational_by_thespottedfur_zps5b86409b.jpg

I have to be honest, if this were true, I would have given the book a couple more stars...Really. I honestly hated the characters that much.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how so many people love this book. I thought I would love this book. I at least expected to LIKE it!!! I started wondering around 30% and then when I reached the half-way mark I was fairly certain it was going to continue to suck. When Kiera got hit in headI got my hopes up that she would die but she pulled through and then it sucked some more.

First off, the book is way too long. I'm all about getting my moneys worth and reading a long book but only if something is going on and it's not the same old shit over and over and over and over and over...

photo SOS_zpsde6c7237.gif

Secondly,the heroine (who is also the narrator I kept wishing would die a slow and painful death) has got to be the whiniest, weakest and just plain old blah character to ever grace the page of a book! Most characters will have flaws but she had zero redeeming qualities at all unless you count the fact she had a job. Seriously, I didn't hate Voldemort as much as I hated Kiera and he's the BAD GUY!!! You're not supposed to like him.

Several people kept telling me Kellen would make up for it but...Ummm...NO 10 Kellens couldn't make up for this train wreck of a book. Just the fact he was sooooo attracted to such a loser knocked him down a few notches on my scale. Not to mention he had way too much of a victim mentality for me and I'm not even gonna start about Denny. I didn't connect with any of the characters and that makes for a really bad read for me.

This is one of those books that will continue to baffle me as to why people like it.