shannonland

shannonland

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway OK! So I read this book as a buddy read. It was the first book available since joining the group that I hadn't either already read or wasn't a later book in a series I hadn't started. In other words, I didn't pick the book and I'm not certain I would have based on the synopsis. I'm just being honest.

I loved, loved, loved this book!! Now, I'm not sure if it's because I had somewhat low expectations in a way to start with or that I've been in a reading slump since finishing Point of Retreat or that actually, the book is really just that good. I'm sure it's a combination of all three.

Fred may possibly be my favorite all time heroine. She's definitely my right now favorite. Between her smart mouth and aversion to high heels I believe fell in love with her as much as I did Nicholas. For different reasons obviously :-)

Meet Nicholas:
 photo ChrisCunninghamCrockerChrisCrockerChrisCunninghamCro_zpsdfa897d4.jpg

Meet Nicholas as Vivian Blue:
 photo ChrisCrockerwatermark_zps678dcd8e.png

Here's the real kicker! I did not expect to get all hot and bothered by Nicholas. I mean, he's a drag queen for crying out loud and I don't like sissy men. I really wanted to help with his make-up the first time she put it on

So yes, my newest favorite book boyfriend is a drag queen!

"I like the him that's underneath the clothes and the painted face. I'd like the him no matter what he wore"

This is an easy must read!